Apply to move school

How to apply

If you are moving house, you can apply for a school place before you move.

The application will be based on your current address unless you are members of the UK armed forces or returning crown servants, where different rules apply.

You should contact the schools listed on your application to update your reserve list position once you have moved if your application is unsuccessful.

If it is not possible to offer any of your preferred schools, we have 15 school days to offer you a school place. If the application is due to a move, we have 15 school days after you arrive in the county to allocate you a school place.

You need to ensure that your moving date is correct on your application and contact us if that changes before a place is offered.

If you already have an offer you should contact the school to inform them. A place can be held for six school weeks.

You need to make sure that you include your child's current school information on your application form so we can see if your child is already attending a school within a reasonable distance of home.

A reasonable distance is 15 miles for secondary and five miles for primary.

Service Personnel and crown servants

You can apply for a school place in advance of a forces move.

You can apply within the usual deadline for Reception, Year 3 or Year 7. At any other time, you can apply six weeks in advance.

We will follow the schools admissions policy when considering your address. You must send us proof of your posting.

We will ask the schools you apply for if they wish to offer you a place, even if they are full.

If none of them can offer a place, we will offer you a place at the closest school to your new address with spaces available in advance of your move if possible.

Contact the admissions team for more information:

Email [email protected].

Apply to move school