Collect a mid-year school offer
We will advise you of the outcome of your application within 15 school days. We do not make decisions on cases for most schools but we do pass on their response to you. We only make the decisions for one secondary school (Spalding High School) and infant, primary and junior schools that we maintain.
If a school does not offer, you have the right of appeal.
Where a school offers a place, your offer will not give a start date but you will be told when you must contact the school.
When no school listed on the application offers a place:
- if you live in Lincolnshire, and your child is not on a school roll, you will be offered the nearest school that has a place.
- if you are moving to Lincolnshire and have provided a date of the move within the next six weeks and intended address, we will source an alternative school place within 15 days of your arrival.
- if you live in Lincolnshire but already have a suitable school place, we will not make a new offer.
- if you do not live in Lincolnshire or have not provided a move date or new address we will not make a new offer until you provide this information.
After the year which the students enter the school, the school can refuse for three reasons
- where they feel that admitting a further student would cause prejudice to the other students on roll or
- where the school has space but the child has challenging behaviour and the school feels that admitting them would cause prejudice
- the child has been permanently excluded from two or more schools in two years (exceptions apply)
Where a school has space they may ask your child's previous school whether they have challenging behaviour. Where the school has reason to believe this is the case, they may refer the case under the fair access protocol. If this happens we will let you know, as it may take longer to get a place. These must be agreed within 20 days of the referral.
In all cases where a place is refused, parents have a right of appeal.
If a school has not responded to your application within 15 days, we will write and tell you this. You may wish to complain to the school.