We support all of our learners by providing a range of support to ensure all their individual needs are met, such as:
- small group work
- 1:1 support
- adaptions to resources
- reduced timetable
- assisted technology
We are committed to removing barriers to learning in order for all of our young people to reach their full potential.
If a learner parent, carer or professional thinks that additional support is needed we will develop a learner led plan of support.
Work Experience Support
Work experience is very important to learner success and it is a part of all our programmes. It gives learners the opportunity to:
- experience of working and the workplace
- gain transferable skills
- improve their social skills, confidence and independence
- add experience to their CV
- improve their chances of gaining a paid work opportunity in the future
To ensure that learners get the most from it and that it is a positive experience we provide a range of support, including:
- training by Systematic Instruction (TSI)
- job matching
- job carving
- job coaching
- progress reviews
- employer support
- reasonable adjustments
- travel training
- transport support
We offer help and support to learners as well as providing information, advice and guidance.
Staff work with colleagues, parents, cares and other specialist agencies to offer support and remove any barriers to learning as quickly as possible.
- behaviour, emotional, restorative approaches
- peer mediation
- links to specialist external agencies
Financial support is available for learners to enable them to access education.
If learners or their families have a low income they may be able to receive support via:
- Vulnerable Learners Bursary
- Discretionary Bursary Fund
- Free Further Education Meals
- Access to Work
All financial support is dependent on individual circumstances.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.