16 to 19 Tuition Fund
The 16 to 19 tuition fund is allocation to support students who have been academically disadvantaged due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
We will use the fund to provide small group and 1:1 tuition for learners aged 16 to 19. Who have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths.
Tuition groups will have of no more than five students and the tuition sessions will be scheduled. .
Tuition and additional support may be delivered using a blend of online and on-site delivery.
Examples of some of the tuition support on offer will include:
- GCSE re-sit preparation
- Functional skills assessment preparation
- Additional subject specific support
Tuition support offered will be based on:
- an individual needs assessment
- the identification of an individual starting point
- clear learning goals
- expectations and outcomes
We are committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance by:
- producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- publishing this guidance on the YPLP pages on the LCC website
- recording the use of the fund, including references to individual learners who receive support, the needs of those learners, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
- deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2022//23
- notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed