Carer’s personal budgets
After your carer’s assessment, we will tell you if you are eligible for a personal budget.
Your support plan will detail your needs and how your personal budget will help to meet them. We will decide the final amount you receive.
A personal budget is a one-off, direct payment into your bank account. It covers a period of 12 months.
We will review your caring role, the needs you have and your budget every year.
Using your personal budget
Your personal budget can be used in different ways to meet your needs, such as:
- gardening and cleaning services to help maintain the home
- travel expenses for visiting family and friends
- appliances such as a washing machine or dishwasher
- equipment such as a tablet or laptop
- respite care such as sitting services so that carers can take a break
- leisure and recreational activities so carers can do things they enjoy
You cannot spend it on illegal activities, debts, bills, gambling, alcohol or drugs.
You must keep a record of how the money has been spent.