In Lincolnshire, we are looking for people to:
- become long-term foster carers for a child or siblings until they reach adulthood
- provide respite care to foster children and young people at least two weekends a month, plus during school holidays
- become parent and child foster carers, who help parents to care for their child while staying with you when they need support
- become Family Links foster carers, who offer short breaks for a child with a disability
Your social worker will discuss with you what types of children you are open to fostering during an assessment.
They will make a recommendation about what type of foster care to approve you for.
Connected person carers
Wherever possible, we try to arrange for children to live with:
- a member of their family
- a friend
- a person connected to the child
We will check and assess these people in the same way as mainstream foster carers.
For advice on how to become a connected person carer, call 01522 554066.