Asking for help often isn’t easy, but if you think you’re in an abusive relationship, getting in touch with your local support service can be an important first step. They are fully trained and can give you a confidential space to explore your options and make safe decisions.
It’s never too early or late to reach out.
In an emergency
- Silent Solution provides information for when you are calling 999, and unsafe to speak.
- Emergency SMS is a service for deaf, hard of hearing and speech-impaired people in the UK.
In an emergency call the Police on 999 or for non-emergency 101.
- Andy’s Man Club is a men’s suicide prevention charity, offering free-to-attend peer-to-peer support groups both locally and nationally.
- Clare’s Law is a scheme giving any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them.
- LDASS provides help for women, men and children experiencing domestic abuse in Lincolnshire.
- H.A.Y. Lincolnshire is a family of websites that bring together everything in the local community that boosts wellbeing.
- Lincolnshire Rape Crisis supports people of all genders and ages who live or work in Lincolnshire, who have been affected by any form of sexual violence.
- Mental Health Helplines offers information on Lincolnshire services available for adults and children.
- Migrant Workers Helpline trained advisors are fluent in Polish as well as being experts in providing all the help you need.
- SoLDAS - Boston Womens Aid is a South Lincolnshire charity providing support, advice and safe housing for those experiencing domestic abuse.
- Spring Lodge is a Sexual Assault Referral Centre for children and adults.
You can contact your local district council to search for housing options.
- Boston Borough Council
- City of Lincoln Council
- East Lindsey District Council
- North Kesteven District Council
- South Kesteven District Council
- South Holland District Council
- West Lindsey District Council
Local family law solicitors
- Childline 0800 1111
- Childrens Society provides information on abusive teenage relationships
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Forced Marriage Unit 020 7008 0151
- Galop 0800 999 5428 – offers support for LGBT+ people who have experienced abuse and violence
- Gamcare 0808 8020 133 24/7 helpline for gambling related support
- HourGlass 24hr 0808 8088141 – provides information and support to older people who are at risk of experiencing any form of abuse or neglect
- Jewish Women’s Aid 0808 801 0500 - supporting Jewish women and children affected by domestic abuse & sexual violence
- Karma Navarna 0800 5999 247 – specialist charity for victims and survivors of honour-based abuse
- Mankind 01823 334244
- Men’s Advice Line 0808 1689 111
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline 24hrs (Refuge) 0808 2000 247
- National Stalking Helpline 0808 802 0300
- Non-Fatal Strangulation – provides information for victims of strangulation
- OPOKA supports women and children in the Polish community by offering services to those experiencing domestic abuse, including health, wellbeing and financial support. Helpline 0300 365 1700 please note this is answered in Polish and is for Polish women only
- Paladin assists high-risk victims of stalking throughout England and Wales
- Rape Crisis 0808 500 2222 – 24hr helpline for those who have been sexually abused
- Respect 0808 802 4040 – support services for those worried about their own abusive behaviours
- Revenge Porn Helpline – 0845 6000 459
- Samaritans 116 123
- Shelter offers information, support and advice for those facing homelessness or experiencing unsafe housing
- Sign Health offers services to improve deaf people’s health and wellbeing
- Southall Black Sisters 020 8571 9595 – provides support for black and minority women experiencing domestic and gender related abuse
- Turn to Us is a charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially
- Universal Credit
- Vesta Specialist Family Support
- Women’s Aid
- Hollie Guard app turns your phone into a personal safety device, lets you send alerts, create emergency contacts and log journeys for added protection. You can find further information on Hollie Guard in this short video from Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Bright Sky app is an app that provides practical support and information in how to respond to domestic abuse