Rights of way

Request land protection

A landowner can apply for a:

  • Highways statement or declaration to protect their land against public rights of way being established by public use.
  • Landowner statement to end any use of their land by local inhabitants for lawful sports and pastimes.   This may then protect against it being registered as a town or village green.

We charge a fee for the registration of an application.  For the fee to be calculated, please email a map to countryside_access@lincolnshire.gov.uk.  On the map:

  • show the extent of the land that will be subject to an application
  • specify the type of statement or declaration you will be making

For further information, email countryside_access@lincolnshire.gov.uk or call 01522 782070.

Apply for protection

Search the register of landowner deposits

View notices of applications recently lodged with the county council.

Contact countryside service

Address: Place
Lancaster House
36 Orchard Street

Telephone: 01522 782 070