SEND support refers to the actions that a mainstream setting should take to identify and support children and young people with SEND.
There are four broad areas of need:
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- social, emotional and mental health
- sensory or physical needs
The setting should use a graduated approach following a cycle of assess, plan, do and review.
All maintained schools must publish a document on their website called a SEND information report which will explain how they deliver SEND Support in their setting.
Please contact if you have any questions or queries regarding SEND support. We can:
- explain SEND support to you in more detail
- talk you through the settings responsibilities and what you can expect for your child
- explain how the Valuing SEND assessment tool is used in Lincolnshire to meet your child’s needs
- help you to prepare for SEND support meetings
- explain how the setting can bring in the help of specialists at any time to advise on assessing SEND and the appropriate support