How we can support you
If you are a parent, carer or young person, we can give advice by email or phone to:
- talk you through any concerns and answer questions
- help you to understand SEND law, policies and procedures, including EHC process and annual reviews
- help you to understand how to make a complaint
- explain what your options are
- provide you with resources and support packs
- signpost you to other relevant sources of help
- explain your options when you turn 16 or 19
If we speak with you on the phone, we will always follow this up with an email so you have all the information you need.
In some situations, we can allocate a Liaise caseworker to provide further support, which is agreed with the family and detailed in a signed support agreement.
We also provide training and workshops to local education, health and social care professionals, children, young people and parents to increase knowledge of SEND law, guidance and local policy.
Some useful groups you can contact for help
If you have any comments or complaints about the Liaise service, in the first instance please contact Senior Liaise Officer, Sharon Schofield, or use the county council's comments and feedback page