Lincolnshire Young Voices is a group of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) which:
- researches issues that young people with SEND might face
- works with others to make improvements for young people with SEND
- raises awareness in education and health settings
- inspires young people
The group works with education, health and social care services. They also work with the police, youth justice, the Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board, businesses and charities.
Members have valuable experiences to share with other young people with SEND to shape services for the better.
The group aims to attend and contribute to the work of the following:
- Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum
- Council for Disabled Children
- Special Schools Project
- Autism All-Age Strategy
- Autism Partnership Board
- Young Inspectors
- Lincolnshire Youth Council
- V4C - Lincolnshire Looked After Children Council
- Learning Disability Partnership
- SEND Graduated Approach Briefings
- Transition to adulthood/Preparing for Adulthood - college leads meetings
To find out more, email the SEND team at [email protected] or call 01522 553368.