Identifying and supporting SEND

Dispute resolution and mediation

We are always keen to try and resolve any issues informally. 

If you are not happy about an EHC needs assessment or an EHC plan, contact your child's SEND Caseworker to discuss. We will work with you to try and come to an agreement.

If you would like impartial advice about SEND, you can contact Liaise.  

If we are unable to resolve an issue, you can access formal mediation. It is a positive way of trying to settle the dispute. 

It involves a meeting between you, us and an independent mediator who will help everyone reach an agreement on the points of dispute. It is free of charge and provided by Global Mediation:

If we are still unable to resolve the issue, you can appeal the SEND tribunal.