Start your career

Further education

When you are 16 to 24, you can study at school, in further education or at a sixth-form college.

What you can study

Depending on the college, you can study for qualifications like: 

  • A-levels
  • Foundation degrees
  • Business and Technology Education Council awards (BTECs)
  • National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs)
  • GCSEs

Most schools in Lincolnshire provide a sixth form or a joint sixth form.  You can continue your studies in school working towards your A-levels or other qualifications. 

Sixth form means one or two more years in a school setting. You may choose to go to college instead.

Courses for people with learning disabilities

Some colleges have courses to help young people with learning disabilities become more independent. The course can help you get a job when you leave.

College and sixth form college

When you choose a college, you’ll need to think about:

  • what you want to study
  • what help you may need to study 
  • any facilities you may need to help you get around

You can use our online directory to:

Funding for college

Most courses are free. You may be able to get financial help with your day-to-day living costs and fees for courses you have to pay for.

Education, Health and Care plans

Your school will send your Education, Health and Care plan, if you have one, to your college.