Supported internships are for young people with learning difficulties or learning disabilities, who want to get a job and need extra support.
Supported internships are unpaid and last for at least six months, and if possible you will move into paid employment at the end of the programme.
To be eligible you need:
- statement of special educational needs and disabilities
- learning difficulty assessment
- education, health, and care plan
They support employers by:
- working with you to develop task independence
- supporting your integration into the workplace
- helping to understand your needs
- advising on workplace adjustments
- helping to understand what support is available to them
Most of your time is spent at the employer's premises. You are expected to follow real job conditions, including time keeping, dress code and workplace conduct.
Find out more about supported internships.
For details about supported internships in Lincolnshire, contact your local college, post 16 provider or visit the Young People's Learning Provision website.